Chef Bryan’s Easy Pressure Cooker Chicken Soup|
Recipe Courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
- 1 large roaster chicken
- 12 cups water
- 4 cups sliced celery stalks
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups freshly chopped green beans
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 bunch chopped parsley
- chicken bullion if needed to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Place the roaster chicken and water in your pressure cooker. Adjust liquid amounts if needed based on the size of your pressure cooker.
2. Pressure cook the whole chicken for about 45 minutes or until it is tender. Check with your manufacturers directions for specific times for your pressure cooker.
3. Once the chicken is tender and you are able to easily remove the meat from it, pour the chicken stock and and chicken through a strainer catching the freshly chicken stock in a large pot. Be careful not to burn yourself and remove the meat from the bones. Place the chicken meat back into the freshly made chicken stock.
4. Add the remaining vegetables and herbs to the pot. If needed, add some chicken bullion to fortify the strength of the chicken stock.
5. Bring to a simmer and continue cooking for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
6. Serve with rustic french bread and enjoy!