(KUTV) Baked Flautas With Mango Salsa
Recipe and Photo Courtesy The American Heart Association
- 1 cup cooked yellow saffron rice, cook according to package instructions
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped baby spinach
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 cup no salt added tomato sauce
- 6 6-inch corn tortillas
For the Salsa:
- 1 cup chopped mango (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 cup chopped pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 tsp chopped jalapeño peppers (optional)
- 1 tbsp lime juice
To make the flautas, preheat the oven to 425 degree’s F. Cover a baking pan with foil and coat with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, black beans, green onions, spinach, chili powder, cumin and tomato sauce, mix well.
Spoon 1/3 cup mixture on each tortilla and roll up tightly. Place seam side down on the prepared baking pan. Lightly spray the tops of each flauta with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
To make the salsa, combine all ingredients into a medium size bowl. Mix to combine and refrigerate until ready to use.