(KUTV) As aired on May 9.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley.
Basic Butter Crust:
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 stick butter (8 tbsp)
Vanilla Wafer Crust:
- 2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 4 tbsp butter
Lemon Cheesecake Filling:
- 3 - 8 ounces packages cream cheese (room temperature)
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup corn starch
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp almond extract
To make the butter crust:
- Add flour, baking powder, and sugar to a large bowl and whisk together.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut butter into flour mixture.
- Press dough into a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven until a light gold color.
To make the Vanilla Wafer crust:
- Combine everything into your food processor and process until everything is well blended together. Press the Vanilla Wafer mixture into the bottom of the cheesecake form pan.
To make the cheesecake filling:
- Combine the cheese cake filling ingredients into your food processor and combine until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into a crust lined 9 inch spring form pan or individual cheesecake forms.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven until set. (About 1 hour for 9 inch springform pan. If using individual form pans, cooking times need to be adjusted based on the size of the cooking forms.)
- Once the cheese cake is fully set (baked), remove from the oven and allow the cheesecake to completely cool. Top with your favorite fruit mixture, serve and enjoy!