(KUTV) As aired on Feb. 21.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley.
- 24 meatballs, cooked
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 4-6 sub sandwich breads
- salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-cook meatballs. Pour the prepared marinara sauce into a sauce pan. Add the cooked meatballs and Italian seasoning into the marinara sauce and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut the subway style breads in half without cutting all the way through.
- Divide the meatballs between the sandwiches and sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Place the prepared sandwiches under the broil to melt the cheese.
- Sprinkle the sandwiches with the freshly chopped parsley and serve with your favorite chips. Enjoy!