- 6 cups mixed greens
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken, cooled meat removed
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- 1 large purple onion, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, diced
- green goddess dressing (recipe below)
- 4 quart bottles with lids
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp tarragon
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 anchovy fillets (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
To make the salad: pour 1/2 cup of the green goddess dressing (or dressing of choice) into the bottom of each quart jar.
Divide the salad ingredients between the bottles and begin layer the bottle with the remainder of the salad ingredients. I like to start with greens, shredded chicken (cooked), cheese, onions and celery. You can layer the salads however you choose. Be sure to refrigerate before you enjoy your delicious salad.
Before eating, simply shake the bottle to coat the salad with the dressing. Serve and enjoy!
To make the dressing, combine the dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Use as needed.