The main difference in Brazilian Stroganoff and German Stroganoff is the cream. The Brazilian one uses a canned table cream and the other, sour cream. Either version is delicious so enjoy a little taste of Brazil!
1 pound ground hamburger
1 pound ground chicken
5-6 garlic cloves, minced
1 large onions, finely chopped
4-5 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 - 6 oz can tomato paste
3 cups beef stock
2 - 7.6 oz can Nestle Media Crema (Table Cream)
2 large russets, washed and cut into french fries
6-8 cups prepared rice
Prepared egg noodles
salt and pepper to taste
1) Heat a large saute pan on the stove and add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Add the ground hamburger, chicken, minced garlic, onions and carrots. Saute until the meat is fully cooked.
2) Add the tomato paste and beef stock. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to a simmer. Simmer for about 10 minutes.
3) Add the two cans or table cream and stir into the stroganoff, adjust salt and pepper as needed. Serve with either egg noodles or rice and a side of french fries.
4) To make the french fries, slice the the russet potatoes into french fries, rinse and blot dry them.
5) Heat a pan with about 2 inches of vegetable oil and fry up the prepared potatoes until golden brown. Remove and place on a plate that is lined with paper towels. Serve with your stroganoff and enjoy!