(KUTV) Breakfast Bran and Fruit Mini Loaves
"There are times I need to grab something that’s nutritious for breakfast while on the go. I love muffins and so when I decided to create some mini loaves it seemed like a perfect creation."
Dried Fruit Mixture:
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup craisins
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- For the Batter:
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups raisin and bran cereal
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree’s Fahrenheit.
- Spray your mini loaf tins with vegetable spray and set aside.
- In a large re-sealable bag, add the golden raisins, craisins, sliced almonds and cinnamon. Seal the bag and shake everything together until combined.
- Combine all the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) and the fruit and nut mixture into a large bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine raisin and bran cereal, milk, honey, vegetable oil, and egg. Carefully stir everything together until combined.
- Portion the batter into your prepared mini loaf pans. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 minutes or until they are golden brown and cooked through. Serve warm with butter and honey. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley.
Chef Bryan Woolley is Americas longest running consecutive tv chef. With almost three decades behind him, he continues creating culinary masterpieces for the home chef!