- 1 pound Italian sweet sausage
- 1 pound ground hamburger
- 2 onion, diced
- 4 medium size russet potatoes
- 4 ears of corn
- 2 cups shredded asiago cheese
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- heavy duty aluminum foil
- Remove a 4 large squares of aluminum foil. Be sure to use heavy duty aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, mix the Italian sweet sausage, hamburger and half of the diced onion. Mix everything together. Salt and pepper as needed.
- Peel and slice the potatoes in thin slices. Husk the corn, and cut the ears in two.
- To assemble, place a quarter of the leftover chopped onion on the foil. On top of the onions, place the sliced potatoes.
- Form a patty using the prepared meat and place it on top of the potatoes.
- Slice the ears of corn in two and flank the patty with the two slices of corn.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese and drizzle with olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake, grill, or place on hot coals of your campfire. Each one of these cooking methods will change the cooking time so adjust accordingly. If baking the oven, I preheated the oven to 350 degree’s and baked for approximately 40 minutes.
- When fully cooked, remove from the cooking medium, serve and enjoy!