Here’s a tasty dinner idea using fortified wine and chicken. Your family will love this kitchen staple recipe.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6-8 tbsp butter, divided
2 cups white mushrooms
1 cup madeira wine or port
2 cups beef broth
1 bunch asparagus
1 - 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
Shaved parmesan cheese for garnish
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Flatten the chicken breast to about 1/2 inch thick. Depending on the size of the chicken breasts, you may want to cut them in half for service.
2) Once the chicken breasts are flattened, sprinkle with salt and pepper and set aside.
3) Melt about 3 tbsp of butter in a large saute pan and add the prepared chicken breasts to the pan. Pan sear for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
4) When cooked, remove from the pan and set aside.
5) Add an additional 3 tbsp of butter to the saute pan and add the mushrooms. Saute the mushrooms for about 3-4 minutes, remove and place with the chicken.
6) Add the marsala wine (or port) along with the beef stock and remaining butter. Bring to a boil and reduce the sauce by half.
7) While the sauce is cooking steam your broccoli until tender.
8) When the sauce has reduced by half, add the chicken and mushrooms back into the sauce. Place the asparagus in the pan on the side and top the chicken with shredded mozzarella cheese. Allow the cheese to melt and serve with your favorite starch and garnish with shaved parmesan cheese.