Adapted by Chef Bryan Woolley
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenderloins
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 small onion
- 2 medium chopped tomatoes, lightly mashed in a bowl with a fork
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp parsley
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 2 cups long grain rice, rinsed
- 4 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Cooking spray
- Cut the chicken breasts or tenderloins into bite size pieces.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and add the chicken and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until brown.
- While the chicken is cooking, chop the peppers and onions into bite size pieces and smash the tomatoes in a separate bowl, reserving the tomato juice.
- When the chicken is browned, add the chopped vegetables, tomatoes, peas, garlic, parsley, turmeric and rice.
- Sauté the rice mixture for about 3 minutes. After about 3 minutes add the chicken stock, stir to combine, turn the heat down to simmer, loosely cover the pan and continue cooking until the the rice has absorbed the chicken stock. If needed, add additional stock to finish cooking the rice.