A hearty salad filled with crisp jicama, creamy avocados, oranges and grilled chicken, perfect choice for dinner!
2 fresh limes
4 fresh oranges (divided)
2 tbsp honey
1 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
3 chicken breast, (8 ounces each) boneless, skinless
1 Jicama, peeled and cut into 1/4 x 2-inch sticks (about 2 cups)
3 large carrots, julienned (about 3 cups)
1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
2 fresh avocados, halved, pitted and diced
1) In a large bowl, combine the juice of the limes, two of the oranges, honey, olive oil, cumin, black pepper and salt. Stir everything together and remove 1/2 cup of the marinade for later.
2) Flatten the chicken breasts and place them in the remaining marinade. Make sure they are well covered and let them marinate for about 30 minutes.
3) Grill the chicken breasts until they are fully cooked (165 degree’s internally), remove from the grill and slice them into thin pieces and set aside.
4) Peel and segment the remaining oranges and combine with the jicama, carrots and cilantro. Toss reserved marinade to combine everything together and transfer to a large platter.
5) Top with the grilled chicken and fresh avocados. Enjoy!