(KUTV) Cranberry Apple Stuffing
"With Thanksgiving around the corner everyone is scrambling to find a delicious stuffing recipe. This cranberry apple stuffing is a perfect idea for stuffing. Not only can you use this stuffing with turkey but any type of poultry would work as well as pork." - Chef Bryan Woolley
- 12 Rhodes Yeast Dinner Rolls or 9 Rhodes Warm-N-Serv® Yeast Dinner Rolls, baked as directed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and finely chopped
- 10 ounce can cream of celery soup
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine chicken broth and cranberries in a bowl and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Cut rolls into 1/2 inch cubes and layer on baking sheet. Bake at 350°F 15 minutes to toast and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large frying pan and add onion and celery. Simmer stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add apples and simmer stirring occasionally for another 5 minutes. In a large bowl, whisk together soup, eggs, cinnamon, salt and pepper.
- Stir in chicken broth and cranberries and then onion, celery and apple mixture. Fold in toasted bread cubes and coat well. Spoon into sprayed 9x13 inch pan, arranging evenly. Bake at 350°F 45 minutes.
Chef Bryan Woolley is Americas longest running consecutive TV chef. With almost three decades behind him, he continues creating culinary masterpieces for the home chef!