If your looking for a great appetizer or dinner idea, crostini’s and salmon lox’s with an amazing caper mixture to finish them off.
1 baguette, cut into crostini’s, toasted
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1 smoke salmon fillet, thinly sliced
1/2 cup capers
1 lemon, zested and juiced
1 avocado, pit and flesh removed, diced
1 small red onion, finely diced
1) Slice the baguette into crostini’s and place them on a baking sheet. Lightly spray them with vegetable spray and dust with onions and garlic powders.
2) Place them under the broiler and toast for a few minutes until they are golden.
3) Remove from the broiler and let the crostini’s cool.
4) Spread the softened cream cheese on the prepared crostini’s.
5) Top with the thinly sliced smoked salmon.
6) To make the topping, in a large bowl add the capers, lemon juice/zest, diced avocado and the finely diced red onion. Mix together to combine.
7) Top the lox’s with the caper mixture, serve and enjoy!