Two of my favorite desserts combined into one! These cookie sandwiches are a great way to sass up your chocolate chip cookies and satisfy your sweet tooth!
1 pound butter, room temperature
2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp baking soda
2 tbsp vanilla
1 package semi sweet chocolate chips (about 3 cups)
6 cups flour
1 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 cup dulce de leche
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degree’s.
2) Cream together butter and sugars for about 3 minutes.
3) Add the eggs one at a time and completely incorporate the egg before adding the next one.
4) Add the salt, baking soda, and vanilla and blend into batter. Be sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to incorporate all of the ingredients.
5) Add the flour and blend.
6) Lastly, add the chocolate chips and blend into the batter.
7) Drop about a tablespoon of cookie dough onto a parchment lined baking sheet filling up the baking sheet with about 12-15 cookies (more or less).
8) Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 11 minutes or until desired color is reached.
9) Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for about 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
10) When ready, take two cookies and spread dulce de leche over on cookie on the flat side of the cookie. Sandwich two of the chocolate chip cookies together.
11) Place the prepared cookies on a large platter, serve and enjoy!