Whip up a batch of these amazing chicken wings to surprise and please your family and friends. I like to serve them with prepared duck sauce, however, you can use your favorite sauce on the side!
12-16 chicken wings, fulled baked
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp powdered ginger
1 tbsp rice vinegar
1 tsp miso soup base paste
2 cups self rising flour
1 cup corn starch
4-6 cups vegetable oil
Prepared duck sauce for dipping
1) Preheat oven to 350 degree’s.
2) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place the chicken wings onto the prepared baking sheet.
3) Place the prepared chicken wings into the pre-heated oven and throughly bake. Frozen wings take about 45 minutes, so adjust times accordingly.
4) In a large sealable plastic bag, add the soy sauce, minced garlic, powdered ginger, rice vinegar and the miso soup base paste (found in Asian aisle of your grocery store). Mix it all together and add the fully cooked chicken wings to the marinade. Toss to coat the chicken wings in the marinade and let it marinade for about 15 minutes.
5) While the chicken is marinading, in a separate re-sealable plastic bag, combine the self rising flour and corn starch together.
6) Toss the marinaded chicken wings into the flour mixture and shake to coat.
7) Remove the chicken wings from the flour and let it sit for about 15 minutes so the flour soaks up the marinade and sticks to the chicken wings.
8) Add the vegetable oil to a large skillet and preheat the oil. When the oil is hot, fry the chicken wings to a golden brown.
9) Remove and place on a plate lined with paper towels to soak up excess oil.
10) Serve with prepared duck sauce and enjoy!