Pot stickers are very versatile and can be filled with just about anything. I love this combination of kimchi and pork in these pot stickers. You can serve these pot stickers as an appetizer or a main course.
For the Pot Stickers: 1 pound ground pork
1 cup kimchi, chopped
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp granulated garlic
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/4 cup freshly chopped chives
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
Won Ton Wrappers
For the dipping sauce: 1/4 cup soy sauce
2 tsp toasted sesame seed oil
1/4 cup chopped chives
1 tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
1) In a large bowl, add the ground pork, chopped kimchi, ginger, granulated garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, chopped chives and onions in a large bowl. Mix everything together to combine.
2) To shape the wontons, whisk the egg with a tbsp of water in a small bowl. Place the won ton wrappers on a flat working surface and lightly brush the edges with the egg wash.
3) Place about 1 tbsp of the filling in the won-ton wrapper and fold each won-ton wrapper over in half, pressing down the to seal the edges.
4) Gently press the bottom of the pot sticker on a flat surface to create a flat bottom.
5) When ready to cook, heat a large saute pan on the stove and add enough oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan. Place the pot stickers (flat side down) and cook the pot stickers for about 3-4 minutes.
6) Add 1/4 cup of water and cover the pan and let the pot stickers steam until all of the water has boiled out.
7) Transfer the pot stickers to a serving dish.
8) To make the dipping sauce, add the dipping sauce ingredients to a small bowl and whisk everything together. Serve the dipping sauce with the pot-stickers and enjoy!