(KUTV) Maple Roasted Brussel Sprouts and Colby’s Brown Sugar Brine, serves 10-12
"Whole Foods helped me out with these amazing holiday recipes. I love brussel sprouts and they pair perfect with a holiday turkey. However you choose to serve your holiday meal, these are two great ideas!" - Chef Bryan Woolley
- Maple Roasted Brussels Sprouts:
- 8 cups Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 3/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds.
- salt and pepper to taste
- Colby's Brown Sugar Brine:
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup salt
- 1 cup pepper
- 1 cup peppercorns
- 2 gallons water
- To make the maple roasted brussels sprouts: Toss brussels sprouts in olive oil, salt, pepper.
- Roast at 350 degrees for 40 minuses or until golden brown.
- While cooking, heat up olive oil, saute garlic.
- Add salt and pepper and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- De-glaze with Maple Syrup and pour over brussels sprouts. Enjoy!
- To make Colby's brown sugar brine: Pour into a bag with turkey inside it with water.
- Close bag and let it rest for 24 hours in refrigerator.
- After 24 hours, take turkey out of bag, do not rinse and place into a roasting pan. Cook the turkey at 325 degree's until the turkey is fully cooked. Internal temperature should read at least 165 degree's. Temperature reading should be taken in the thickest portion of the meat.
Chef Bryan Woolley is Americas longest running consecutive TV chef. With almost three decades behind him, he continues creating culinary masterpieces for the home chef!