- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage
- 1 pound ziti pasta
- 4 cups prepared pasta sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 small zucchini, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup garlic infused olive oil
- 2 cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook the Italian sweet sausage in a large pot. Drain excess grease if needed.
- Add the ziti pasta, prepared pasta sauce, water, zucchini, dried basil, garlic powder, olive oil, grated parmesan cheese and sharp cheddar cheese. You can really use any type of cheese you want, be creative and have some fun.
- Bring the pasta to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the pasta is cooked and the sauce has thickened. Be sure to stir frequently to prevent the cheese from settling and burning on the bottom. When the pasta is cooked, turn the heat off and let the ziti sit for about 10 minutes to cool and thicken even more.
- Serve with cheesy garlic bread and enjoy!
Cheesy Garlic Bread, recipe courtesy Chef Bryan Woolley
- 1 round loaf of sour dough bread
- 1/3 cup garlic infused olive oil
- 2 cups shredded cheese, your choice
- Cut the loaf one direction and than criss cut it so there are “pillars” of bread created with the cuts.
- Drizzle the loaf with garlic infused olive oil being sure to drizzle the oil into the cuts.
- Stuff the slices with shredded cheese. Wrap the loaf in aluminum foil and place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Serve and Enjoy!