(KUTV) Pomegranate-Grapefruit Avocado Toast, serves 4.
"This recipe is courtesy of my friends at the American Heart Association. With breakfast so frequently being forgotten, this pomegranate-grapefruit avocado toast is a quick and easy way to get nutrition on the go. Use your favorite whole wheat bread (I like to use my moms recipe (link is below), toast it up and enjoy an easy treat that can be enjoyed on the go!" - Chef Bryan Woolley
- 1 1/2 medium avocados (halved, pitted, diced)
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1/16 tsp salt
- 4 slices whole-wheat bread (low sodium)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 cup ruby red grapefruit segments
- 1/4 cup fat-free feta cheese (optional)
- Put the avocados, lime juice and salt in a small bowl. Using a fork, gently mash the avocados, stirring to combine with lime juice and salt.
- Spread the avocado mixture over each slice of bread. Sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds. Top with the grapefruit. Sprinkle with feta cheese or cheese of choice and enjoy!
Chef Bryan Woolley is America’s longest consecutive-running TV chef. With almost three decades behind him, he continues to create culinary masterpieces for the home chef!