(KUTV) Pumpkin Spiced Cake Mix Cookies
I absolutely love pumpkin spice cookies because it reminds me of home! There is just something special about being in the kitchen cooking and making memories with your loved ones. The smell of pumpkin spice cookies baking in the oven makes me want to cozy up with a blanket on the couch and watch a great movie! And if you make each cookie smaller you can eat more and feel like you aren’t over-indulging right? ?? -Kari Hawker Diaz
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese 4 tbsp butter (optional)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- Can milk as needed for consistency
- Preheat your oven to 350 degree’s Fahrenheit.
- To make the cookies: In a large bowl mix the spice cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, pumpkin puree and chocolate chips just until the mixture is combined. For a fun twist create a nutty mixture (1 cup almond slices, 1 cup golden raisins, 1/2 cup craisins and 1 tbsp cinnamon) and add to the mix
- Portion drop the cookies onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper to desired size.
- Place the cookie dough into the oven and bake for approximately 10-15 minutes or until cookies are golden brown and cooked through. Times will vary depending on cookie sizes and ovens so adjust accordingly.
- Continue baking the cookies until you have baked all the cookie dough.
- Let the cookies cool on a wire rack while you make the cream cheese frosting.
- To make the cream cheese frosting: In the bowl of your food processor, add the cream cheese, (4 tbsp butter, optional) powdered sugar, vanilla and lemon extract. Pulse together to combine.
- Add the can milk a tablespoon at a time while the food processor is running until you reach the desired frosting consistency you need.
- Frost the cooled cookies, serve and enjoy!
Chef Bryan Woolley is Americas longest running consecutive tv chef. With almost three decades behind him, he continues creating culinary masterpieces for the home chef!