Deliciously fresh, this chicken recipe is a great for a quick dinner idea or a crowd pleaser for family and friends.
3-4 chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp freshly minced ginger
2 cups flour
4 eggs, beaten
2 cups panko bread crumbs
1 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
zest of one lemon
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp corn starch
Green onions, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
Vegetable oil for frying
1) In a large bowl combine the chicken pieces, minced garlic, ginger, salt, pepper and mix to combine.
2) Heat a large sauce pan on the stove and add enough oil so it is about 1 inch deep.
3) Dredge the chicken pieces in the flour, then dip them in the eggs and coat them with panko bread crumbs.
4) Deep fry the chicken pieces until the are fully cooked through and golden brown.
5) Remove the chicken pieces and place on a paper towel lined plate, set aside.
6) In another sauce pan combine the chicken stock, lemon juice, sugar and corn starch. Whisk to combine everything and bring to a boil to thicken.
7) Place the cooked chicken into the lemon glaze and toss to coat.
8) Serve the chicken over rice and sprinkle with chopped green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve and enjoy!