Here’s a classic dish that everyone loves. I like to bake my meatballs rather than pan fry them. Use any type of pasta and be sure to use fresh herbs and grated parmesan cheese to finish off the dish.
2 pounds ground hamburger, split
1 pound spaghetti
12 roma tomatoes, chopped
1 can tomato paste ( 6 oz )
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 small red onion, diced
2 tbsp Italian Seasoning herb blend
Freshly chopped basil
Freshly chopped Italian parsley
Freshly grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1) Cook 1/2 pound of the hamburger and set aside to add into the sauce.
2) Cook the pasta according to the package direction, drain and set aside.
3) To make the the sauce add the cooked ground hamburger, chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, minced garlic, red onion and a good splash of olive oil to a large pot. Heat and let the tomatoes reduce down. Bring the mixture to a boil and stir to combine. Reduce the heat and let the sauce simmer for about 30 minutes.
4) To make the meatballs, add the ground hamburger to a large bowl, salt and pepper to taste. Shape into golf ball sized balls and place them onto a baking sheet and into a 350 degree oven and bake for approximately 20 minutes or until the meatballs are fully cooked.
5) Remove the meatballs and add them to the simmering sauce and any pan drippings as well. Continue simmering for an additional 10 minutes.
6) To serve portion the pasta onto four plates, spoon the prepared sauce and meatballs between the four plates, finish with the freshly chopped basil, parsley and grated parmesan cheese. Serve and enjoy!