(KUTV) As aired on April 4.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Bryan Woolley.
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 cup cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 cup fresh pico de gallo
- zest and juice from one lime
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, peeled, deseeded and sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, core removed, finely chopped
- corn tortillas
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- I like to use a rotisserie chicken for the shredded chicken. Heat a large saute pan on the stove and add just enough olive oil to lightly coat the bottom of the pan.
- Add the onion and garlic and saute until fragrant. Add the shredded chicken and warm through.
- Once the chicken is warmed, add the fresh pico de gallo (fresh salsa), lime zest and juice to the mixture. Bring to boil and remove from the heat.
- Stir in the sour cream sauce to make a stroganoff style sauce.
- Heat the corn tortillas in the package. I simply put them in the microwave for about 1 minute. Leaving them in the package allows them to steam and become soft and pliable.
- Serve the stroganoff style chicken with freshly sliced avocado, lettuce and warm corn tortillas. If desired use some hot sauce for an added kick. Enjoy!