Simple taco salad with napa cabbage is a little twist to the normal salad your used to. Accompanied with an avocado and cilantro dressing makes this taco salad one of the best!
6 flour tortillas
1 napa cabbage, thinly slice
2-3 baby bok choy, chopped
2-3 tomatoes chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
mushrooms of your choice, chopped
1 cup shredded carrots
1 pound ground chicken or beef
1 tbsp chili powder
vegetable spray as needed
Avocado Cilantro Dressing 3-4 avocados, seeded and flesh removed
1/3 cup packed cilantro
1/3 cup fresh lime juice
2 tbsp water
1 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp sugar
1 jalepeno, seeds removed (optional)
salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degree’s.
2) To create the tortilla shells, warm the tortillas and spray with vegetable spray. Invert a large muffin tin and carefully place the tortilla in between four muffin tins to hold it in a bowl shape. Place it in the oven and bake until the tortillas are golden brown and hold there shape.
3) While the tortillas are cooking combine the thinly slice napa cabbage, chopped baby bok choy, chopped tomatoes, chopped green onions, mushrooms and shredded carrots in a large bowl, toss and set aside.
4) Spray a large saute pan and spray with vegetable spray. Add the ground chicken or beef to your pan along with the chili powder and fully cook the beef. Salt and pepper as needed. Set aside to cool.
5) When the tortillas are cooked, remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
6) To make the dressing, combine the avocados, cilantro, lime juice, water, garlic, sugar and jalapeño (optional) into your blender and blend together. If needed adjust water to get the consistency you need. Salt and pepper to taste.
7) To assemble the salad, add some of the greens into the prepared tortilla shells and spoon the cooked meat over the top. Drizzle with the avocado cilantro dressing, serve and enjoy!