Looking for a great Valentines breakfast idea, look no further. These souffle pancakes are the best with strawberries, bananas and chopped pecans finished with coconut syrup.
2 cups pancake mix (use your favorite)
3 large eggs (separated)
3/4 cup milk
4-5 large strawberries, diced
1 large banana, diced
1 cup chopped pecans
1) To make the pancakes mix the pancake mix, egg yolks, and milk together and set aside.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites to stiff peaks and fold them into the pancake mixture.
3) Heat a non stick skillet or your favorite pancake skillet to about 300 degree’s.
4) Pour about 1/2 cup pancake mixture into the preheated skillet and cook until golden brown on one side. Flip the pancakes over and cover the skillet with a lid to help cook the pancakes all the way through.
5) Finish cooking all of the pancakes and hold them in a warmer.
6) To make the strawberry banana mixture combined the diced strawberries, banana’s and chopped pecans into a bowl and mix it together.
7) Pour about 2 tbsps of the coconut syrup (http://cookingwithchefbryan.com/recipe-view/tropical-pancakes-coconut-syrup/) into the strawberry mixture and pan fry the mixture for about 1 minutes.
8) Spoon the strawberry mixture over the souffle pancakes along with the coconut syrup. Serve and Enjoy!