(KUTV) Learn how to make Carne Asada Fries with Simplify Supper on 2News at noon!
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 22 ounce package frozen steak fries
- 12 ounces flap steak
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lay fries out in a single layer on a baking sheet.
2. Whisk together the salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, oregano and sugar. Sprinkle half of the seasoning mix over the fries and place in oven for about 25 minutes or according to package directions until golden and crispy.
3. Pat remaining half of seasoning mix on steak. Grill over medium high heat about five minutes per side or until desired doneness is achieved. Let steak rest about ten minutes then slice into bite size pieces, against the grain of meat.
4. In a medium bowl mix the cheese and corn starch. Pour in evaporated milk and stir to combine. Microwave in 20 second intervals until the cheese mixture is melted and combined.
5. Serve by placing a layer of fries on each plate topped with the meat. Drizzle cheese sauce over the fries and steak and then top with desired toppings.