(KUTV) As aired on April 3.
Recipe courtesy of Simplify Supper.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 3 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 2 cups arugula
- 1 ounce parmesan cheese, shaved
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat and spray with cooking spray. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and grill about 5 minutes per side, until cooked through. Remove from pan, let cool slightly then slice into thin strips.
- In a small saucepan combine peas, parsley, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons water and the minced garlic cloves. Bring to a simmer and cook a couple of minutes until peas are very tender. Transfer pea mixture along with lemon rind and lemon juice, reserving 1/2 teaspoon, to a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Broil slices of bread 1 minute per side. Meanwhile combine arugula, remaining oil and remaining lemon juice. Spread pea mixture onto each slice of bread and top with chicken and arugula mixture. Top with parmesan cheese and freshly ground black pepper.