(KUTV) As aired on May 8.
Recipe courtesy of Simplify Supper.
- 1 small bunch scallions, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 4 stalks asparagus
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- small bunch parsley, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large egg
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Unfold thawed pastry sheet and cut into three inch squares. Whisk egg and then brush on top of pastry sheet. Place a few parsley leaves on to decorate and then bake until puffed and golden, about 15 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium pot over medium high heat. Cube chicken breasts into bitesize pieces, season with salt and pepper and add to pot. Cook about five minutes until browned. Remove from pot and add 1 tablespoon oil. Add scallions, celery and garlic to pot along with a pinch of salt. Stir a few minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add chicken back into pot and then add flour. Stir to combine. Stir in dijon mustard, chicken broth and cream. Add asparagus and simmer until tender, about 5 minutes.
- When pastry is finished baking and slightly cooled cut in half along the middle. Place bottom half on plates, top with chicken mixture then pastry tops. Enjoy!