(KUTV) As aired on May 15.
Recipe courtesy of Simplify Supper.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 green onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 pound baby potatoes
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 pound artichoke hearts, fresh or frozen
- 1 15 ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 pound asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Chop green onions and separate into whites and greens. Peel and mince garlic cloves. Combine with white parts of onion.
- Scrub potatoes and cut into one inch chunks unless they are already bite size. Thaw and chop the artichoke hearts.
- Heat olive oil in large pot over medium high heat. Add the white parts of the green onions and the minced garlic. Saute one minute.
- Add potatoes and cook one more minute. Add tomatoes and vegetable stock then simmer for ten minutes.
- Add the beans and peas. Cook another five minutes then add asparagus and artichoke hearts. Cook two minutes then add the spinach and the green parts of the onion. Stir to combine and cook one more minute.
- Add the pesto, season with salt and pepper. Spoon into individual bowls and top with parmesan cheese.