(KUTV) As aired on March 6.
Recipe courtesy of Simplify Supper.
Sweet and sour drumsticks
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ginger, fresh and tested
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 drumsticks
- In a small bowl mix all ingredients except drumsticks.
- Place drumsticks in a slow cooker and cover with sauce.
- Cook on high 4-5 hours.
- Place on lightly sprayed baking sheet and broil 3 minutes per side.
Cantaloupe and Blackberry Salad
- 1 cantaloupe
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 teaspoons mint leaves
- Remove seeds from cantaloupe and slice into bite size pieces.
- Place cantaloupe and blackberries into serving bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the lime juice, lime zest and chopped mint leaves. Pour over top of fruit. Mix gently, cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.