(KUTV) As aired on March 20.
Recipe courtesy of Simplify Supper.
- 3 cups udon noodles, cooked
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- To make teriyaki sauce combine water and cornstarch to make a slurry. Add honey, soy sauce, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, brown sugar and garlic powder to small sauce pan. Bring to a boil then add corn starch slurry and stir to desired thickness.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large wok or frying pan over medium high heat. Add the carrots, mushrooms and broccoli. Stir fry 2-3 minutes.
- Add ginger and garlic and staute another minute then add noodles and separate as they heat up and caramelize.
- Add the red pepper flakes, sesame oil, teriyaki sauce and rice wine vinegar. Stir well to combine all flavors.
- Add cilantro leaves and sesame seeds and serve hot.