(KUTV) Holiday Fettucine
This pasta is as simple as it is decadent. The rich sauce is the perfect compliment to your holiday menu.
- 8 ounces fettucine noodles
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups parmesan cheese, shredded
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 pinches ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 small bunch parsley, chopped
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettucine and cook about twelve minutes, until noodles are al dente.
- Meanwhile, place the butter and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute for 2-3 minutes, then add the cream and bring to a simmer. Stir in the cheese, lemon zest and nutmeg. Stir until the alfredo sauce is smooth.
- Once the pasta is cooked spoon it out of the pot of water and place into the pan with alfredo sauce. Stir together for a few minutes until well combined. Use some of the pasta water to help keep the sauce smooth, spooning in about 1/2 cup at a time until you reach the desired consistency. Add the crushed red pepper and combine.
- Serve warm with chopped parsley on top.