(KUTV) Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef
Best served over
- 4 pounds beef chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3-4 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 1/4 cup beef broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Cut the beef into large cubes. In a large skillet over medium high heat brown beef cubes in oil. Transfer to slow cooker.
- In food processor add adobo chilis, beef broth, garlic, cumin, oregano, cloves and lime juice.
- Pulse until smooth and then pour over meat. Cook on low 8 hours or high 4-6.