(KUTV) Spiced Cranberry Sauce with Pear
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 2 medium pears
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- Bring apple juice to a boil in a medium sauce pan. Peel, core and dice pears. Add to the apple juice along with the cranberries, white and brown sugar, orange zest and ginger.
- Turn heat down slightly and continue to cook about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until cranberries have popped and the mixture reaches a jam like consistency.