(KUTV) Licensed Therapist Clair Mellenthin visited Fresh Living with the top 5 Reasons NOT to Make Resolutions.
Resolutions are typically more "good intent" rather than well thought out decisions and rarely have a game plan other than the big picture.
To make resolutions stick- you need to have small, manageable, achieveable goals or steps in place to reach your end goal
TOP 5 Reasons NOT to Make Resolutions
- Resolutions require discipline and a take no prisoners approach: Who has time for that?
- Resolutions require the likely possibility of failure which then can sabotage you from making progress
- Who has time to go to the gym every morning?! It's freezing out there!
- Resolutions are rarely well planned out- there is no road map to achieve your goals
- We all know the pathway to Hell is paved on good intentions...let's not go there!