(KUTV) Salt Lake City - Trying to find the perfect childcare option for your child can be tough, so we invited Clair Mellenthin, LCSW, RPT-S, supervisor, speaker, trainer, an experienced play therapist and professor, to share tips on how to pick the perfect childcare provider.
Clair writes, "Finding the right fit for childcare is challenging! Most parents are concerned with making sure their child is safe and protected when they are being watched by someone else. There is no right answer as to who you choose, it needs to be the best fit and right for you and your child."
Clair shares 5 Questions to Ask a childcare provider:
- Are you licensed as a childcare provider/facility?
- Are there cameras in the childcare rooms and throughout the facility and do I have access to these?
- What is your drop-in policy?
- Can I observe before enrolling my child?
- What is your discipline philosophy?