(KUTV) Salt Lake City - Chef Cheryl Schaefer from Harmons Bangerter Crossing appeared on Fresh Living to share one of her favorite Holiday Party Appetizer recipes.
Truffle-Shallot Bites by Chef Cheryl Schaefer Harmons
Makes approximately 18 servings
Prep time 20 minutes
Bake time 10 minutes
- 1 Pkg. Puff Pastry Sheets, frozen, thawed
- 3 Cups Shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp White Truffle Oil
- 2 Tbsp Harmons Salted Butter
- 1 Tbsp Thyme leaves, fresh
- 1 tsp Truffle Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 3 Oz. Comté Cheese, shredded (can substitute Gruyere)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In large sauté pan over medium heat, sauté shallots in truffle oil and butter until tender, approximately 10 minutes.
- Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll and lay out one sheet of puff pastry. Using a pizza wheel or sharp knife, cut the pastry into 9 equal pieces, like a tic-tac-toe board. Separate pieces giving them at least one inch between squares.
- Using a micro-plane, grate cheese over each square making a light layer of cheese.
- Place one tablespoon of sautéed shallots in the center of each square. Using your fingertip, gently spread the shallots almost out to the edge of the pastry. Leave at least ¼” around the edges.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes. Repeat with second sheet of puff pastry. Serve hot or at room temperature
For more recipes like this, go to HarmonsGrocery.com.