(KUTV) Salt Lake City - Most married couples don't plan on having an affair, yet they happen. When it comes to affairs, avoiding them can be a little more complicated than just "don't do it".
Emil Harker, Author, Life Coach, Presenter, Sex Therapist and Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, discussed ways to avoid an affair and still maintain friendships with the opposite sex. Emil also shares tips on how to recover from an affair if a spouse wasn't able to avoid one.
Emil's 10 Cheating Risk Factors:
- Friends or coworkers of the opposite sex that are attractive and they spend one on one time together. Lunch, texting, business chat after hours.
- Flirty personality.
- Passwords on phone and computer and you don’t know the password.
- Lots of time on the phone texting.
- Keeps phone with them at all times.
- Change in sex frequency, increase or decrease.
- Efforts to work on the relationship have waned (or never been there.)
- Is easily offended when you share your jealousy or insecurity and puts the blame on you.
- History of infidelity in past relationships.
- A sense of persistent emotional distance (just not feeling connected.)
Watch our segment above for the secrets to Avoiding an Affair or go to EmilHarker.com.