(KUTV) Salt Lake City - Many Utahns have a closet full of Sunday clothes that they only touch one day a week. Sweet Salt Clothing's Tara Brooke appeared on Fresh Living with 4 tips on how to dress down your Sunday best so you can wear your clothes all week.
Tip one: Wear a jacket or vest
- jackets/vests are a great way to make your dresses more casual
- fabrics recommended: denim or cotton - easy to care for, and affordable
- jackets/vests look great on a variety of dresses too, so they are a great addition to getting weekday mileage out of your Sunday dresses
Tip two: Select the right footwear
- instead of heels, try fashionable sneakers or other casual footwear
Tip three: Add a hat
- a great, easy, and stylish way to make your dress more casual.
- select a hat that you can pair with multiple outfits, to get the most mileage
- a hat is a great accessory because you can wear them through out the year — it’s not just a seasonal accessory.
Tip four: Add a fashion scarf
- add a fashion scarf to give the outfit that fall feel, but also keeping the dress casual.
Sweet Salt Clothing has an outlet store in Tooele or you can shop their clothing at SweetSaltClothing.com.