(KUTV) — The High School Utah Entrepreneur Challenge (HS UEC), now in its second season, is designed to encourage high school students to explore innovation and entrepreneurship and offers over $30,000 in cash and scholarship prizes.
The HS UEC is the high school version of the Utah Entrepreneur Challenge, one of the largest collegiate competitions in the country.
Utah is known for its entrepreneurial spirit, and all high school students (or those ages 14-18) throughout Utah are encouraged to compete. Students ages 14-18 who have graduated high school or are enrolled full-time in college courses (9 credit hours or above) are not eligible to participate in the competition.
The competition is sponsored by Zions Bank.
- Online application opens: Dec. 5, 2016
- Online project deadline: March 1, 2017
- Online judging begins: March 2, 2017
- Online judging deadline: March 15, 2017
- Finalists announced: March 16, 2017
- Final Award Ceremony (at the University of Utah): April 15, 2017