Tuesday, January 1 2013, 05:41 PM MST
New Year's Resolutions: Recipe For Success
(KUTV) Ringing in the New Year is a time of celebration and renewed hope. Often it also means a new set of resolutions.
Want to make your resolutions stick and meet your goals? Below are some tried and true planning techniques to help make your resolutions a reality.
1. Be specific. Don’t just say “I want to lose weight or handle money better” say “I want to lose ten pounds or save $2,000.” If you are specific, you are more likely to meet your goal.
2. Be realistic about what you can accomplish. It’s very hard for people to lose 100 pounds in a year. Set out to do what is attainable.
3. Make a plan. If you want to slim down and get fit, you might set a goal of working out three days a week and decreasing portion sizes.
4. Set short term goals. Set a goal for a week or two at the most. A year is too long.
5. Be resilient. You may experience setbacks, but don’t let that stop you. The key is progress, not perfection.
6. Don’t overdo it. Try to make just one or two resolutions a year. More than that may be a recipe for failure.
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)