Dr. Day: The 6 Best Vegetables and Fruit for Weight Loss
(KUTV) Most people who are able to maintain a healthy weight eat more vegetables and fruit. Based on the results of a recent 24-year study from Harvard and Tufts University, researchers evaluated the results of 133,468 people. Here are the six best vegetables and fruit they found for weight loss.
All results are reported in the expected weight loss if you eat one serving daily of each of these foods for one year. Eating more servings may result in increased weight loss according to this study.
1. Edamame/tofu/soy: 0.62 pound weight loss per year
2. Cauliflower: 0.34 pound weight loss per year
3. Apples/Pears: 0.31 pound weight loss per year
4. Berries: 0.28 pound weight loss per year
5. Cruciferous vegetables: 0.17 pound weight loss per year
6. Green leafy vegetables: 0.13 pound weight loss per year
There are many possibly reasons why most vegetables and fruit cause weight loss. Some of these include that vegetables and fruit are high in fiber and micronutrients, have a low glycemic load, increase metabolism, and promote a healthy gut microbiome.
To learn more about which vegetables and fruit cause weight loss, as well as which vegetables and fruit to avoid if you are trying to lose weight, please visit Dr. John Day on his website at www.DrJohnDay.com.