Grilling Fruit With Harmons
(KUTV) Chef Feryka Nunez Del Prado joins us in the kitchen from Harmons, and she is showing us how to grill fruit that will add to your desserts.
Grilled Peach Parfait
2 Large Peaches Ripe/Sliced
2 tbsp. Butter
4 tbsp. Brown sugar
1 oz. Bourbon
¼ tsp. Cinnamon
1 small Pound cake Sliced/Grilled
1 Cup Heavy whipping cream
1 Tbsp. Maple syrup
1 Tbsp. Vanilla or Bourbon
Mint For garnish
1/2 Cup Walnuts candied
1. Grill your peaches in a hot griddle, make sure to lightly coat the peaches with a little of oil.
2. Heat a sauté pan, melt the butter, when butter starts to foam and becomes bubbly, incorporate the slices of peaches, sauté and add the sugar.
3. When sugar is completely dissolve , add the bourbon and flambé. Incorporate the spices and lemon. Taste and set aside.
4. With the cream and maple syrup, make a whipped cream. Whisk whipped cream, when the cream is slightly thicker, add the syrup and increase the speed. Whisk until cream forms stiff peaks.
5. Incorporate the vanilla or bourbon, little by little.
6. Assemble parfait by creating layers in a wine glass, with the whipped cream, peach mixture, and pieces of the pound cake. Drizzle with caramel and garnish with mint.