Making Denver Omelet Sliders
(KUTV) Shauna Havey of "Have Yourself a Time", is in the kitchen with us this morning, showing us how to make nutritious breakfast with Denver omelet sliders.
Denver Omelet Sliders
Why stand at the stove flipping omelets, when you can use your oven to serve a crowd-pleasing breakfast in just minutes? This protein-packed slider inspired by the classic Denver omelet is perfect for a weekday breakfast, a filling brunch, or even a quick dinner. It's a nutritious meal you can feel good about serving your family.
1 Tablespoon butter, softened
10 large Eggs
1/4 Cup half & half
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 Cup mild cheddar cheese, grated
1/3 Cup diced red onion
1/2 Cup diced green bell pepper
1/2 Cup diced red bell pepper
12 slider buns or soft dinner rolls, split
12 slices cheddar cheese, halved
12 ounces thinly sliced deli ham
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. And grease an 8 X 12 rimmed baking sheet with the butter.
2. Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Add the half & half, salt, pepper, and the grated cheddar. Whisk to combine.
3. Add the diced vegetables into the egg mixture and whisk to combine. Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
4. Remove the omelet from the oven and let sit five minutes to cool slightly. Meanwhile, place the bottoms of the buns onto another 8X12 inch rimmed baking sheet and place 1/2 slice of cheese onto each bun.
5. Cut the omelette into 12 squares. Place 1 square onto each bottom bun. Top each square with a slice of ham, then another 1/2 slice of cheese. Set the tops of the buns in place.
6. Bake the sliders for an additional ten minutes, just until the cheese is melted and the sandwiches are warmed through, then serve hot.