Slow-cooker weather’s approaching! Check out this sweet recipe from 365 DAYS OF SLOW COOKING author, Karen Petersen. For more information, 365daysofcrockpot.com
As Aired On November 7, 2012
Recipe Courtesy of Karen Petersen
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 (14 oz) can cream of coconut (can be found in the aisle next to the alcohol), divided
1 (16 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained of juice (reserve the juice)
2 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
1 cup shredded coconut, divided
Vanilla ice cream
1. Dump drained pineapple into the bottom of slow cooker and spread to cover the bottom.
2. Combine vanilla, flour, baking powder, 1/3 cup cream of coconut, 2/3 cup of reserved pineapple juice, 1/2 cup of shredded coconut and oil in a medium bowl. Stir together until well-incorporated. Spread batter on top of the pineapple.
3. Stir together the rest of pineapple juice and cream of coconut and bring to a boil. Pour boiling liquid on top of the batter (don't stir).
4. Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH for about 2-3 hours or on LOW for about 3-4.
5. Place the rest of the coconut on a cookie sheet. Toast the coconut in the oven on broil for a couple of minutes.
5. Scoop down deep to get the cake, pineapple and sauce into the serving bowls. Serve topped with vanilla ice cream and toasted coconut.
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group.)