Tuesday, November 20 2012, 12:11 PM MST
Thanksgiving Turkey Tips!
Norbest, Inc. gives us the skinny on cooking a tender, juicy turkey for your Thanksgiving meal!
1. Start with a refrigerated or thawed locally-raised and produced all-natural, pre-basted Norbest turkey. Remove the outer bag, rinse and set aside as a quick reference for roasting times and instructions.
2. Unlock legs from clamp and clear body cavities of neck and giblets.
3. Rinse the turkey inside and out with cold water. Pat dry with paper towel. Season.
4. Optional - loosely pack with stuffing and reset legs in oven-safe clamp.
5. Place the turkey in a large roasting pan with Tender Timer® gauge unobstructed. Cover with a lid or create a loose foil tent over the bird. Roast at 325 degrees until Tender Timer® pops up and indicates the turkey is done at 165 degrees. (Allow 15 minutes per pound roasting time for unstuffed turkey. Stuffed turkey requires one-half to one hour additional cooking time.)
Find more tips at www.norbest.com
or call the hotline: 1-800-453-5327.
(Copyright 2012 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)