2 cup all-purpose flour
4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2cup granulated sugar
1/2cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 large eggs
3 teaspoons red food coloring (gel coloring)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup buttermilk
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon vinegarInstructions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
2. In a small bowl sift flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In the bowl of an electric mixer beat butter and sugar on medium for 2-3 minutes, until light in color and well combined. Beat in egg, food coloring, and vanilla. Alternately add flour mixture and buttermilk, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined. In a small bowl combine baking soda and vinegar. Stir into batter.
4. Bake 15-17 minutes, or until tops spring back when lightly touched. Serve warm or let cool completely. Cupcakes can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days.
5. Core center of cupcakes and fill with ganache.
Find out more at www.onesweetslice.com
(Copyright 2013 Sinclair Broadcasting Group)