Wednesday, November 27 2013, 12:25 PM MST
Harmon’s shares a delicious recipe for a yummy Thanksgiving appetizer.
1 package Pepperidge farms puff pastry
1 round of President’s Brie cheese
Favorite Jam (I personally recommend Cornaby’s spreadable fruit – a delicious local product and half the sugar of normal spreads).
2 Tbsp. chopped Pecans
Pinch of Brown Sugar and Salt
One egg whipped for egg wash
1. Lay out frozen sheet of puff pastry onto parchment paper and cut into half.
2. Roll out into thin square.
3. Place brie on puff pastry and spread jam on top.
4. Sprinkle a few pecans and a pinch of sugar and salt.
5. Cut designs into sides of the pastry and fold over the top and seal with egg wash.
6. Wash the pastry with egg wash to develop color.
7. Move bundle to parchment and baking sheet or Silpat and baking sheet and bake at 350º for 25-30 minutes until golden brown.
8. The cheese may leak out of the puff pastry but that’s ok. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.