UPDATED: 3 children injured, 1 taken to hospital in critical condition, upgraded to good
(KUTV) - An 8-year-old child is in critical condition tonight after a propane tank exploded as folks were using a barbeque for a New Year's Eve gathering in Holladay.
It happened sometime around 7:30 p.m. on Sunday at 1199 El Sendero Circle in Holladay.
Three children, 7, 8 and 13, didn't feel like the fire was hot or big enough on the firepit and poured gasoline on the fire, according to Unified Police.
An 8-year-old was taken to the hospital with facial burns, initially in critical condition.
That condition was later upgraded to good.
The other two children were injured, but their injuries are not life-threatening.
Unified Police and Unified Fire Authority responded to the incident.
Fire authorities say it appears to be an accident and no charges will be filed against the adults who were present.