How to experience March Madness atmosphere for FREE in Salt Lake City
(KUTV) You can get tickets to the First Round of March Madness in Salt Lake City start at about $50 a piece. However, if you want to experience some of the March Madness atmosphere for free before all the action starts on Thursday you can see Gonzaga and some of the favorite teams practicing before the tournament even begins.
If you go to the Vivint Smart Home Arena on Wednesday Mar. 15 from noon-7:20 p.m. you can watch team practices, which are open to the public at no cost.
Team practices open to the Public – March 15, 2017 Wednesday
- South Dakota State Noon-12:40 p.m.
- Vanderbilt 12:45-1:25 p.m.
- Gonzaga 1:30-2:10 p.m.
- Northwestern 2:15-2:55 p.m.
- Saint Mary's 4:25-5:05 p.m.
- Arizona 5:10-5:50 p.m.
- VCU 5:55-6:35 p.m.
- North Dakota 6:40-7:20 p.m.
The First Round action begins in Salt Lake City on Thursday March 16 beginning at noon when (1) Gonzaga tips off against (16) South Dakota State.
The other games this weekend in Salt Lake City are as follows:
- 8-Northwestern vs. 9-Vanderbilt 2:30 p.m. (TBS)
- 7-Saint Mary’s vs. 10-VCU 5:20 p.m. (TBS)
- 2-Arizona vs. 15-North Dakota 7:50 p.m. (TBS)
Second Round – Saturday (March 18)
- Gonzaga/South Dakota State vs. Northwestern/Vanderbilt TBA
- Arizona/North Dakota vs. Saint Mary's/VCU TBA